Thursday, May 15, 2014

Dreaming

I’m not one for sharing my feelings, but this is my heart on my sleeves. Knowing that I am leaving soon I can't stop seeing you when I close my eyes. I had a dream last night about you. Not one like a typical teenage boy but one maybe seeing into the future. I was standing there, I could feel my heart sink--heavy with pain--knowing that maybe if I would have figured this all out sooner than--maybe--it wouldn't hurt so bad. I don't know where we were or why we were there, all I know and all I cared about was that you were there. I looked up at you to find your face close to mine smiling--letting me know that everything is alright--I put my hand on your cheek softly; I could feel a single tear roll through my fingers. It seemed it didn’t want to fall to the ground, but it wanted to stay…. As it finally left my hand, I found that time stopped as I looked into your eyes, you glowed, bright lights shined as your smile came back through the sadness in your eyes. I felt okay, finding myself thinking Are you the one? Is this really meant to be? What will this lead to? I know we are young and a little starstruck by this feeling but I have this sense that this is true. Then time returns and everything starts moving faster and faster, we embrace each other in our arms, just standing there.. The surroundings disappeared as we found ourselves standing in a single spot light, the rest of our surrounding was black. As I felt it was now or never I leaned in for a kiss that would be the true deciding factor, to know if this was meant to be or not. My lips inches away from yours I could feel that this was the moment I was looking for, after all these years, when I used to try and find 'the one'.  You disappeared as I found myself there in this spotlight all by myself.
Then I woke, staring at a clock that read 6:35 A.M.  

1 comment:

  1. So good!! Really reminds me of a teenage boy dream(;

    ReplyDelete